Copycat Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcakes
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C. salted butter
- 1 C. + 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. red food coloring
- 3 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. whole milk
- 1 ts.p. distilled white vinegar
- For the cream cheese frosting:
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. salted butter
- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the red food coloring and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl combine the milk and 1 tsp vinegar.
- Add milk mixture and flour mixture to cupcake mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Once cooled, add the cream cheese frosting.
- For the frosting: Whip together butter and cream cheese. Mix in vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Around The Web