Copycat Starbucks Coffee Cake
30 min preparation + 80 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C. softened butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans
- 1 C. softened butter
- 3/4 C. light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C. half and half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make topping by combining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, a stick of softened butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mixture should have the consistency of moist sand. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to the moist ingredients a little bit at a time. Add half n half and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter. Be sure the topping completely covers the batter.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn light brown. Cool and slice into 8 pieces.
Around The Web