Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
30 min preparation
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 C bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, enough for frying
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp bacon bits
- Clean and slice jalapeños lengthwise and remove seeds.
- In a mixing bowl mix cheese, cream cheese, bacon bits. Then Fill this mix into each jalapeño with about five tsp.
- Mix flour, egg, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Place breadcrumbs in another plate.
- Roll each jalapeño half in the egg mixture.
- Then roll the coated jalapeño in breadcrumbs until covered.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes so they firm up.
- Deep fry in the hot vegetable oil for a few minutes or until golden.
Around The Web