Copycat Uno's Deep Dish Pizza
30 min preparation
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 C warm water
- 3-3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 C light olive oil
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, mild-cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 15 oz can tomatoes - whole pear or plum, drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 C. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 C. black olives, sliced
- 1/4 green pepper, sliced
- Brush olive oil a generous amount of olive oil in a 10-inch spring form pan.
- In a mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast into the warm water and stir till dissolved.
- Stir in 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cups oil, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Beat on for about 3 minutes and stir in the rest of the flour.
- Cover and rise.
- After about 5 or so minutes put the dough into the pan and spread out evenly.
- Let some of the dough ride up the side of the pan.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Spread cheese slices in a thick layer on the dough.
- Press sausage on top of cheese.
- Using hands gently crush your tomatoes into small pieces atop the sausage.
- Add the rest of your pizza toppings on.
- Sprinkle with herbs and parmesan.
- Bake at 500 degrees for about 35 minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown.
Around The Web