Copycat Wendy's Apple Dumplings
Serving Size / Yield
- 2-2 1/2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. shortening
- 1/2 C. milk
- 4-6 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 C. sugar
- butter, cubed
- 2 C. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 C. hot water
- 1/4 C. margarine melted
- ice cream
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening.
- Gradually add milk, stirring to make a soft dough.
- Roll dough into a 1/8" thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut into 5-inch squares.
- Place 3 or 4 apple slices on each square.
- Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg to taste; dab with butter.
- Moisten edges of each dumpling with water; bring corners to centerand pinch edges to seal.
- Place dumplings 1 inch apart in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine 2 cups sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 2 cups hot water and 1/4 cup butter or margarine; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour syrup over dumplings. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot with ice cream.
Around The Web