Corn and Asparagus Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 C. chopped fresh cilantro, basil, parsley (to taste)
- 1/4 . olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add salt to boiling water.
2. Place corn into pot and cook for 5 minutes, or until corn turns bright yellow. Remove from water; set aside.
3. In the same pot, add cut asparagus and cook until tender (about 2 minutes). Remove from pot; set aside.
4. Once the corn has cooled, use a sharp knife and remove the kernels. Place kernels and asparagus pieces into a large bowl.
5. In a smaller bowl whisk together, herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, vinegar salt and pepper.
6. Pour the herb mixture over the corn and asparagus. Mix together. Chill until ready to serve.