Serving Size / Yield
- 2 1/3 C. self-rising cornmeal
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 C. vegetable oil
- 1/2 C. buttermilk
- 1/4 C. unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine cornmeal and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
2. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to dry mixture, whisking until blended. Spoon into a greased (12-cup) muffin pan, filling two-thirds full.
3. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes until golden. Serve warm. Makes 1 dozen.
This recipe is from the cookbook Southern Living Off the Eaten Path.