Cornbread Stuffing with Chestnuts & Bacon
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1 med. onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 C. Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Cornbread Stuffing
- 1/2 C. drained chopped jarred chestnuts
- 1/4 C. coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 C. cooked crumbled bacon
Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Add the broth, stuffing, chestnuts, cherries and bacon to the saucepan and mix lightly. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole. Cover the casserole.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.