Cranberry Christmas Scones
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 5 tablespoons sugar, more for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup (plus 1 tablespoon) half-and-half
- 1/2 cup halved cranberries, drained on paper towels
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Using a pastry cutter or a wide flat knife, cut in the butter until it looks like pea-sized crumbs. Add 2/3 cup of half and half until it moistens. Fold in the cranberries.
On a floured surface, knead the dough gently approximately 7 times. Use a floured roller to get to 1-inch thick. Cut into 8 circles using a cookie cutter. Brush the tops with remaining half and half and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack.