Cream of Pumpkin Soup with Cranberry Drizzle
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 1/2 C. SwansonÂ® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 1 C. whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lg. onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pumpkin or calabaza squash (about 2 1/2 lbs.), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 to 6 C,)
- 2 Tbs. light cream or heavy cream (optional)
Stir 1/4 cup of the broth, oil, brown sugar and cranberry sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender.
Stir the remaining broth, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper to taste and pumpkin into the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
Place 1/2 of the pumpkin mixture into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Repeat the blending process with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Return all of puréed mixture to the saucepan. Add cream, if desired and heat through. Divide soup among 8 bowls. Top each serving of soup with a spoonful of cranberry sauce mixture.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.