Creamy Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad
- 3/4 lb. short pasta or your choice (i.e. ziti or penne)
- 1 C. shredded cooked chicken
- 5 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz. Greek 0% yogurt
- 2 oz. black or kalamata olives, sliced (can be canned)
- 1/4 C. shredded carrots
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 grinds black pepper
- 4 Tbs. oil (canola or vegetable or olive)
- 3 lg. fresh basil leaves, chopped
Add cooked pasta and shredded chicken to bowl.
In another bowl, combine all dressing ingredients except oil. Whisk to combine and then add oil. Whisk again.
Pour over chicken and pasta and toss well to coat. Season to taste. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
For a picnic, place in bowl with lid and put on ice for transport.