Creamy Pasta with Summer Vegetables
- 2 tsp. margarine or butter
- 1/2 C. chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 C. firmly packed shredded spinach
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4-in. thick, or 10 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 C. whipping cream
- 1/4 C. dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tsp. prepared sweet mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8-oz. (2 1/2 C.) uncooked penne pasta or mostaccioli
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
Melt margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add cream, sherry, mustard and salt; mix well. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package, adding zucchini and bell pepper during last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Arrange pasta and vegetables on serving plate; top with cream sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4 (1 3/4-C.) servings.