Creamy Salmon With Green Beans
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lg Red salmon steak (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 lg Ripe tomato
- 1 sm Onion
- 2 Tbs Butter (or margarine)
- 2 Tbs All purpose flour
- 1 C Vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 9 oz Frozen green beans (cut, partially thawed)
- 1 C Half and Half
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground white pepper
- 5 Tbs Grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- Zucchini slices and red bell pepper strips for garnish
Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Remove skin and bones; discard. Cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Cut tomato into 1/2 inch pieces. Coarsely chop onion. Set aside.
Heat the wok over medium high heat until hot. Add butter and swirl to coat bottom. Add salmon and stir fry gently 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove to a large bowl; cover and keep warm.
Add tomato and onion to the wok; stir fry about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour until well mixed. Increase heat to high.
Stir in broth and green beans; stir fry until sauce boils and thickens. Add salmon, half and half, salt, and pepper. Stir fry until heated through. Add half of the cheese to salmon mixture; toss until well mixed. Spoon salmon mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Garnish, if desired.