Creamy Slow-Cooker Pasta with Chicken
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 oz uncooked chicken tenders, cut into small nuggets
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 C evaporated milk
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs flour
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta
- Up to 1/4 C additional heated chicken broth, if needed
- 1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C shredded mozzarella
Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken, salt and pepper in slow cooker; toss to thoroughly combine.
Heat up broth and milk in microwave or stove until hot, but not boiling. In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour and beat. Cook one to two minutes, or until mixture turns light brown. Beat in hot chicken broth and milk mixture to saucepan with whisk until combined. Stir and heat until boiling. After you remove from heat, stir in cream cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes until cheese is melted.
Add uncooked pasta and cheese mixture to chicken in slow cooker. Cover the crockpot with lid and cook on High for 1 1/2 hours, or until pasta is tender and chicken is cooked through. If needed, add additional heated broth to desired creaminess. Serve warm with additional 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella on top.