Creamy Spelt Ribbons with Peas
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pkg. Eden Organic Spelt Ribbons
- 1 C. fresh or 1 pkg. frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 C. Edensoy® Unsweetened
- 2/3 C. vegetable broth or water
- 2 tsp. organic unbleached flour
- 3/4 C. grated organic parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C. pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. Eden Sea Salt
- 1 bunch arugula (2 C.) or watercress, chopped
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions; add peas 1 minute before end of cooking. Drain; return pasta and peas to pot. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine Edensoy, vegetable broth and flour; whisk and simmer until thickened slightly about 7 minutes. Stir in parmesan until melted. Toast pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat, shaking frequently, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sauce to pasta and peas. Add arugula and toss to combine. Season with pepper. Garnish with pine nuts, serve immediately.
Per Serving: 348 Calories, 9g Fat (21% calories from fat), 17g Protein, 53g Carbohydrate, 9g Fiber, 0mg Cholesterol, 251mg Sodium
This recipe provided was by Eden Foods. For more information about Eden Foods pasta, click here!