Creamy Split Pea Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. dried green peas, sorted, rinsed
- 6 C. water
- 1/2 C. apple juice
- 1 lg. sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 C. firmly packed chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 C. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In slow cooker, mix split peas, water, sherry, sweet potato, onion, garlic and salt. Cover; cook on Low heat 10 to 11 hours. Stir in spinach, whipping cream and dill weed. Cover; cook on Low heat about 30 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Season with pepper.
Try this tasty pea and ham soup recipe!