Creole Fried Rice And Beans
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 oz Kielbasa
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Rib celery
- 3 Tbs Vegetable oil
- 4 oz Green beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 Cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 C Water
- 4 C Cooked long grain white rice (cooled)
- 1/4 C Tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme leaves (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp Hot pepper sauce
- 1 C Canned red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
Cut kielbasa into 1/2 inch thick slices. Chop onion. Cut celery into slices.
Heat the wok over medium low heat 1 minute. Drizzle oil into the wok and heat for 30seconds. Add onion and celery; stir fry 3 minutes. Add kielbasa, green beans, and garlic; stir fry 5 minutes. Add water; cover the wok and cook until beans are crisp tender.
Add rice, tomato sauce, salt, thyme, and hot pepper sauce to the wok. Stir fry until rice is well mixed and heated through. Add kidney beans and stir fry until heated through.
Transfer to a serving dish.