Crispy Fried Pickles
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 C. dill pickle chips, drained
- 1 1⁄2 C. 1.5% low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 C. Ranch dressing
- 2 Tbs. mild barbecue sauce
- Canola oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. barbecue seasoning
1. Place pickle chips in a large bowl. Pour buttermilk over chips. Cover and chill 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, stir together the dressing and barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3. Pour oil to a depth of 11⁄2 inches into a large deep skillet. Heat over high heat to 375°.
4. Meanwhile, pour pickle mixture through a strainer over a bowl, discarding buttermilk. Whisk together flour and barbecue seasoning in a large bowl until blended.
This recipe is from the cookbook Southern Living Off the Eaten Path.