Crispy Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Tbs. salted or unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/4 C. organic light cream
- Coarse salt and black pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- 5 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- handful of chopped sage
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat butter and oil together until butter has melted. Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle butter/oil puddle with some salt and pepper. Arrange your potato slices vertically in the dish. Top with shallots and sage if desired. Brush tops of potatoes with remaining butter/oil and season generously with more salt and pepper.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until potatoes are tender and almost fully cooked. Increase oven heat to 450°F, remove foil and let roast another 10 to 20 minutes, until tops of potatoes are nicely browned.