Crockpot BBQ Chicken Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) barbeque sauce
- 1/2 C. apple cider
- 1/4 C. bourbon, if desired
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pouches (6.5 oz. each) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- Milk, butter and eggs called for on cornbread pouches
- 1 C. canned Green Giant® whole kernel sweet corn
1. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil until brown.
2. Place onion in slow cooker. Top with chicken, barbecue sauce, cider, bourbon, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours. Use fork to pull chicken apart.
3. Heat oven to 400°F. Make cornbread batter as directed on pouches. Place chicken and sauce in 10-inch cast-iron skillet; stir in corn. Top with cornbread batter.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cornbread is starting to brown on top.