Crockpot Bolognese Sauce
6 hour cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 oz. pancetta, chopped
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 lg. white onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 C. white wine
- 2 cans tomatoes, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- fresh pepper
- 1/4 C. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 C. half & half cream
- Sauté the pancetta over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add butter, onions, celery and carrots and cook over medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heast to medium-high and add the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper and sauté until browned.
- Drain the fat then add the wine. Cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add to crock pot. Add tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for six hours.
- After six hours, add half & half and parsley, stir and serve over pasta.
Around The Web