Crockpot Caramel Apple Nachos
- 2/3 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C. apple juice or apple cider
- 2 lbs. cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (6 C.)
- 1 Tbs. margarine or butter, cut up
- 1 8-oz. carton vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 C. chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 recipe Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps
In a 3 1/2- or 4-qt. crockery cooker stir together brown sugar, granulated sugar; tapioca, and cinnamon. Stir in the apple juice or cider. Add apple slices and margarine or butter; stir to mix. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. To serve, divide apples and syrup among 8 dessert dishes. Top each serving with vanilla yogurt and pecans. Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps.
Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps: In a bowl combine 4 tsp. granulated sugar and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Cut two 7- to 8-inch flour tortillas into 8 wedges each. (Or, cut three 6-inch corn tortillas into 6 wedges each.) Lightly spray wedges with nonstick coating. Place wedges in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 12 minutes or until crisp.
(Or, bake corn tortillas about 8 minutes.)
Makes 8 servings.