Crockpot Chicken Chili
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, medium dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, medium dice
- 6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 28 oz.
- 1 can tomato sauce, 14 oz.
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed, 15 oz.
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeños , garnish
- 1 Sliced Red Bell Pepper, garnish
- cilantro, garnish
Saute bell peppers and onion in oil o medium heat in a large skillet.
Season with salt and cook for 8 minutes or until tender.
Now add in garlic, chili powder, and cumin and mix well for about a minute.
Add in chicken breast and cook until no longer pink.
Shred chicken with a fork.
Put the skillet contents in a slow cooker and add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, and beans.
Mix well and cook for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
Garnish with jalapenos, red pepper, and cilantro.