Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 thin sliced skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbs. water
- 1/2 C. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices thinly sliced deli ham, sliced in half
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
Wash and dry the chicken cutlets and lightly pound the chicken to make is thinner. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham and Swiss cheese on it. Roll the chicken and place it seam side down.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, and water together to make an egg wash. In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken into the egg wash then the breadcrumbs. Place the chicken into the crockpot and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours, or until cooked through.