Crockpot Chili Con Carne
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 lb. beef steak
- 2 white medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 red peppers, chopped and seeds removed
- 2 tsp. ground chilli powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 T. tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
- black pepper
- 2 cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
Add beef, chopped onion, and garlic to a pan and lightly brown meat.
Add the chopped red pepper, the chilli powder, cumin, and beef stock cubes, and stir well.
Stir in the tomatoes and puree and bring to a boil.
Pour the pan contents into the crockpot and add the beans and black pepper.
Stir well, place the lid on, and turn the crockpot to low.
Let it cook for about six hours. Once cooked, turn to warm and leave for up to two hours