Crockpot Chunky Pork and Sausage Chili
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. boneless pork country-style ribs, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 1 C. chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 C. beer (room temperature), or water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients in 4-qt. slow cooker; mix gently. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours until pork is tender.
Tips: Serve from the slow cooker directly over hot cooked rice, with cornbread or with corn tortillas, and accompany with celery and carrot sticks. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.