Crockpot Green Chile-Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 cans (4.5 oz. each) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 oz.) Old El Paso® green enchilada sauce or other green chile enchilada sauce
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 3 C. shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 oz.) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 C. shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz.)
- 2 lg. tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 C. chopped lettuce
- 1/2 C. sour cream
1. Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, spread 1 can of the green chiles. In medium bowl, mix remaining can of green chiles, the soup, enchilada sauce and mayonnaise.
2. Arrange 1/3 of the tortilla strips over chiles in cooker. Top with 1 cup of the chicken, 1/2 cup of the beans, 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture, spreading to edges of cooker to completely cover tortilla strips. Repeat layers twice, reserving last 1/2 cup of cheese.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
4. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; cook about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.