Crockpot Squash Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 9 C. sliced yellow summer squash (about 5 medium)
- 1 med. onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 C. French bread crumbs
- 1 C. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2/3 C. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
1. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large microwavable bowl, microwave squash, onion and 1 tablespoon butter uncovered on High 10 minutes or until squash and onion are tender. Drain well.
2. In slow cooker, mix squash mixture, 1 cup of the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the sour cream, garlic salt, pepper and soup. In small bowl, mix remaining 1 cup bread crumbs, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over squash.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours. Uncover; remove insert from slow cooker. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.