Crockpot Taco Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 C. water
- 6 corn tortillas (5 or 6 inches in diameter), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 C. shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 3 med. green onions, sliced (3 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 C. sour cream
1. Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
2. Mix beef, tomatoes, soup, seasoning mix (dry) and water in 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Gently stir in tortilla strips.
3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
4. Sprinkle cheese over casserole; cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions; serve with sour cream.