Crockpot Warm Noodle Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1/2 lb. fresh Chinese noodles (or angel hair pasta)
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered, deseeded
- ½ large cucumber, peeled, halved length-ways
- 3 limes, halved
- 2 ½ tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 Tbs. sriracha
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 6 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 daikon, peeled and diced
Heat a large crockpot on high heat; add sesame seed and cook until they become golden brown. Transfer the sesame seeds to a plate. Heat water in a large saucepan to boiling point; add noodles and cook uncovered for about six minutes. In the meanwhile, deseed the cucumber using a teaspoon. Now cut carrots, cucumber and bell pepper into thin, long strips. Juice three lime halves and cut remaining halves into wedges.
Place sriracha, lime juice, sugar, oil and pepper in a small screw top jar. Shake well to combine. Drain the noodles and return to the crockpot with green shallots and dressing. Add vegetables and cook over medium heat for about thirty minutes.