Serving Size / Yield
- 12 slices Italian bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 C. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lg. tomato, chopped
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbs. lg. capers or chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place bread slices on an ungreased cookie sheet. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over each bread slice.
In small bowl, mix tomato, basil, capers, salt and pepper. Spread half of the tomato mixture over bread slices; top each with cheese slice. Spread remaining tomato mixture over cheese.
Bake about 8 minutes or until bread is hot and cheese is melted. Serve hot.