Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 cucumbers (peeled, sliced paper thin)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. wine vinegar (or herb)
- 1 C. butter or margarine (softened)
- 1/8 C. minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 C. minced fresh chervil
- 30 thin slices whole-wheat (or homemade white bread)
Put cucumber slices into a large plastic or glass bowl. Toss with salt. Sprinkle with vinegar. Toss and allow to stand 1 hour. Drain well in a colander. Blend butter, tarragon and chervil together. Lay out your slices of bread and butter 1 side of each bread slice. Cover 15 slices with cucumbers, dividing evenly. Close sandwiches and trim crusts.
Cut into 36 rectangles with a sharp serrated knife. Serve.