Dashing Dish's Apple Crumble Muffins
Serving Size / Yield
- Apple Muffins:
- 1/2 C. Water
- 3 Egg whites
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C. Canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. White vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar substitute
- 1 3/4 C. Oats
- 1 scoop (1/4 C.) Plain or vanilla protein powder
- 1 medium apple (about 3/4 C. chopped), peeled and chopped into fine pieces
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/4 C. Oats
- 1 Tbs. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. Butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, (or line with silicone muffin liners coated with non-stick spray).
2. Place all ingredients (except for chopped apples) in a blender, starting with liquid ingredients for easy blending. Blend until oats are completely ground, and batter is smooth.
3. Stir chopped apple into batter until everything is well combined. Pour batter into muffin tin, dividing evenly between 12 cups.
4. To make crumble topping, mix together ingredients for topping in a small bowl. Using your fingers, sprinkle crumble over the top of each muffin.
5. Bake muffins for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You can also find this recipe on Dashing Dish.