Dashing Dish's Banana Bread French Toast
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 slices Bread of choice
- 1 tsp. Banana extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg)
- 1/4 C. Skim milk (or milk substitute of choice)
- 1/2 C. Egg beaters
- Toppings (Optional):
- 1/4 C. low sugar (or sugar free), maple syrup
- 1/4 C. walnuts, roughly chopped,
- 1/2 banana for topping
1. Whisk together Egg Beaters, milk, banana extract, and spices in a shallow bowl, and set aside. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
2. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture just before you place it in the skillet, turning to evenly coat both sides of each slice. Place bread into the skillet; cooking about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining bread slices. Serve with syrup, bananas, and walnuts if desired.
You can also find this recipe on Dashing Dish.