Dashing Dish's Mini Mexican Pizzas
Serving Size / Yield
- 3-4 Large whole wheat tortilla’s, or enough to cut out 12 small circles
- 1 C. Lean ground turkey, cooked
- 1/2 C. Salsa of choice
- 2 tsp. Dry taco seasoning
- 1/2 C. Low fat refried beans
- 1/2 C. Low fat shredded Mexican blend or 2% cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, low fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap.
3. Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well combined.
5. Scoop 1/8th cup of meat mixture into each wrap.
6. Top with shredded cheese and olives if desired.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Wait for mini Mexican pizzas to cool, and remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife. Pizza’s should pop out with ease!
9. Serve with a side of salsa, low fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and/or shredded lettuce if desired!
You can also find this recipe on Dashing Dish.