Dashing Dish's Pizzucchini
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 Large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 lb. Lean ground turkey or boca meat style crumbles, or ground turkey sausage
- 1/4 C. Onion, diced
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 C. Pizza or pasta sauce
- 2 Tbs. Grated parmesan
- 1/2 C. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, combine ground turkey, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over med-high heat until turkey is brown and cooked through.
3. While the turkey is cooking, make the ‘zucchini boats’ by scooping the seeds from center of each zucchini half, using a spoon or melon baller. This will make 8 long ‘zucchini boats’. Set boats in baking dish, placing them side by side.
4. Once the ground turkey is browned, add the pizza/pasta sauce and parmesan cheese to the skillet, and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened up.
5. Spoon turkey mixture into zucchini boats. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of each boat.
6. Bake zucchini boats for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
You can also find this recipe on Dashing Dish.