Dashing Dish's Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. Chicken breasts, cut into thin strips or cubes
- 1/2 Medium white onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 Can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 Large bag frozen Asian style vegetable mix
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 C. Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 Head of lettuce, cored, quartered, and peeled into individual leaves
1. Heat a large skillet or wok with a generous amount of cooking spray. Chop chicken breasts into thin strips, and place in warm pan along with the onions. Pour 2 tbs Teriyaki sauce, 1 tbs soy sauce, and garlic powder onto the chicken. If you like, add additional seasonings to the chopped chicken. Stir until chicken is evenly coated with sauce.
2. Cook the chicken for about 4-6 minutes or so, turning it frequently for even cooking. Take chicken and onions out of the pan when it is fully cooked, and set it aside.
3. Add the frozen vegetables, water chestnuts, and the rest of the Teriyaki sauce to the pan, (you may add a bit more seasoning here too if desired!) Cook veggies for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until completely de-thawed and cooked through. Turn off the heat.
4. Put the chicken back in the pan with the veggies, mixing until everything is well combined. Divide mixture into four even servings. Scoop the hot chicken and veggie stir fry onto lettuce wraps and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
You can also find this recipe on Dashing Dish.