David Venable's Strawberry Salad With Balsamic Reduction
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 C. strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 C. sugar (use Splenda or Stevia for diabetics)
- 1 7-oz. bag green lettuce
- 1 6-oz.. bag baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 C. almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 3/4 C. goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Cook the first three ingredients in a stockpot until boiling. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until it thickens. Strain and cool.
Assemble the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss in the balsamic reduction.