Decadent Deviled Eggs
- 1/3 C. mayonnaise
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chopped
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and split length-wise
- 1 heaping tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 drops Tabasco sauce or to taste Paprika, to garnish
In a medium-size bowl, mash the egg yolks with a fork. Add the bacon, shallot, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and Tabasco. If desired, fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Or use a small spoon to fill the whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Makes 12 filled egg halves.