Delectable Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 24 oz. fresh or frozen whole cranberries (washed and picked over)
- 2 C. sugar
- 2 C. water
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
Mix sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir to dissolve sugar and add cinnamon sticks. Bring to boil, add cranberries, return to boil, reduce heat. Boil Gently stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the berries begin to pop. Remove from heat. Cool completely at room temperature and refrigerate.
Yield: about 4 1/2 cups
* When washing, look for bright, plump cranberries and pick out any soft, crushed, or shriveled berries.
* Peak season is September through December.
* Fresh cranberries will keep in the refrigerator for 4-8 weeks.
* You can freeze fresh cranberries for longer storage.
* You can substitute frozen cranberries in most recipes calling for fresh.
* Do not wash cranberries until ready for use, as moisture will cause quicker spoilage.
* When the recipe says "cook until the cranberries pop", don't expect popcorn. This simply means the berry's outer skin will expand until it bursts