Serving Size / Yield
- 15 small cucumbers, soaked in vinegar for 5 minutes
- 1 bunch dill, de-stemmed
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled
- 1/8 C. Kosher salt
- 1/4 C. pickling spices (sold in stores)
- 1/2 Tbs. whole peppercorns
- 1/2 Tbs. red chili flakes
- 1/8 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 C. apple cider vinegar
- water, to cover
Layer the cucumbers in the bottom of a wide-mouthed jar or other airtight container. Place the dill and the garlic on top, and fill with the remaining ingredients.
Cover with the airtight lid and store in a cool, dry place.
After 72 hours, transfer the mixture to a clean airtight container (or just wash and dry the one you used before) and place back into the cool dry place.
After another 72 hours, taste. If they taste fine to you, refrigerate in sterile airtight jars.