Delicious Mango Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 lb. chicken breasts, grilled or poached
- 1/3 C. light mayonnaise
- 5 Tbs. herb or wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chili, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 26 oz. jar chilled mango slices, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 10 oz. bag mixed salad greens
Cut the chicken into thin strips or shred. Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and sugar in medium bowl. Stir the chicken and mango into mayonnaise mixture. Divide greens among 6 serving plates; arrange 2/3 C. chicken salad on each.
Yield: 6 servings
Note: You can use fresh mango as well, or other fruit. Also, mix your own greens and include spinach for a nice change. Use red onion instead of green, and basil instead of cilantro. With this version, skip the jalapeno. Any leftover chicken or turkey will work well in this salad.