Delicious Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Frosting
25 min preparation + 30 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 C. boiling water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8 inch round pans.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mix. Add milk as well.
- Pour into baking pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To create frosting, put the chocolate pieces in the blender. Add boiling water. Turn on motor and add egg yolks and vanilla. Keep motor going and add butter a little bit at a time (this is easier if the butter is soft). Chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Frost the cake and enjoy.
Around The Web