Diabetic-Friendly Herb Roasted Turkey
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 turkey
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper
- 1 Tbs. herbs de provence
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use 1 Tbs, of olive oil to grease the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Season the trukey with salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey breast in the pan and rush the turkey with the remaining olive oil.
- Rub the herbs and poultry seasoning on the turkey.
- Place the whole garlic head, 1 lemon half, rosemary, thyme, and sage inside the turkey. Squeeze lemon juice from remaining lemon half over the top of the turkey.
- Place turkey in the oven, add a cup of water to the bottom of the pan, and roast for 1 hour, uncovered.
- Baste turkey after the first hour of cooking.
- Continue to bake for another 2–2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature of the turkey breast meat reads 180 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Around The Web