Diabetic-Friendly Pasta with Beef and Spinach
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 box pasta
- 1 Tbs.olive oil
- 1 C. onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 10 oz. pkg. spinach, shredded
- 1/4 C. fresh basil, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/3 C. parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef; cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato sauce and oregano.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach, basil and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking 3 minutes. Season with salt if desired.
- Drain pasta. Add to skillet and toss with beef mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Around The Web