Diabetic-Friendly Quick Chili
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 oz. reduced-fat breakfast sausage
- 1 16 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 C. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 C. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Coata saucepan with cooking spray, add sausage and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except 1/4 tsp. of the cumin.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1/4 tsp. cumin.
Around The Web