Diabetic-Friendly Tomato Basil Chicken Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 15 oz. can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast meat
- 2 oz. spinach
- 2 Tbs. basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine the tomatoes, beans, broth, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, spinach, and basil, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil.
- To serve, top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella.
Around The Web