Dilled Shrimp with Rice
- 1 Tbs. margarine or butter
- 2/3 C. thinly sliced leeks
- 1-1/2 C. shredded carrots
- 1 C. fresh pea pods, cut in half
- 1 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
- 12 oz. fully cooked peeled shrimp
- 2 C. hot cooked rice
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 Tbs. fresh dillweed or 1/2 tsp. dried dillweed
In a large skillet melt margarine over medium-high heat. Cook and stir leeks, carrots, and pea pods in hot margarine for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Dissolve bouillon granules in 1/4 C. hot water. Stir shrimp, rice, lemon peel, and dissolved bouillon granules into skillet. Cook about 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dillweed. To serve, divide rice mixture among four bowls. If desired, garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.