Divine Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1 C. slicked leeks
- 1 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbs. all purpose flour
- 3 C. chicken broth
- 1 C. white wine
- 1 C. half and half
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the leeks and saute for 3-5 minutes until they are tender. Add the mushrooms and continue to saute until they just start to soften. Do not overcook!
2. Remove 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture to use for garnish.
3. Add the flour and mix with the leeks and mushroom mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth and white wine and bring to a soft boil to thicken.
5. Reduce heat and add the half and half, cooking just until warm; garnish each serving with a spoonful of the mushroom and leek mixture.