Divine Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 6-8 chicken legs, can be skinned
- 6-8 diced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs. diced fresh ginger root
- 2 C. shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1/2-1 C. brown sugar (can use Splenda)
- 1 C. beer (may be substituted with water)
- 2-3 Tbs. cornstarch (mix with 1/4 C. water in small bowl) set aside for later
Place all ingredients in a heavy ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight, occasionally turning bag for all chicken pieces to stay in marinade.
Place in 13x9-inch deep pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Can be covered, or uncovered.
**This is the BEST method. Grill until done, about 30-40 minutes. RESERVE liquid. Boil liquid until it has been at a rolling boil for 10 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch mixture from small bowl until at desired thickness. Serve with white rice. Very Hawaiian and really delicious!